Wednesday 16 April 2014

2014 NHL Playoffs Pickz: Round 1

Hello I'm Alan, I'll get elbow to my head, so you don't have to. Today this site is 3 years old, and I admit I never thought I can keep this site as long as I can, but here we are, and what better way to do a 3rd anniversary post then to some playoffs pickz! 30 teams played 82 games, only 16 teams makes it to this year playoffs, but only one will be this year Stanley Cup champion. The question is who will win? The real question is who will move on to the 2nd round? Well let's get going with the "2014 NHL Playoffs Pickz" round 1 by me!

Eastern Conference
Boston [A1] vs. Detroit [WC2]
Boston: The Presidents Trophy winner is more ready then ever, heck Iggy played like he is in mid 20's, primed and scoring like crazy, some players are in their "A" game.
Detroit: The Wings are in the playoffs for the 23rd year in a row, just barely with some key players injured yet they're here.
 Overall: Bruins will have the edge on this one.
My Pick: Bruins over the Wings 4-1


Tampa Bay [A2] vs. Montreal [A3]
TBL: Last year they missed the playoffs, this year they're in the top 3 of the Atlantic division, what's makes it more surprising they did most of this season without Steve Stamkos and the the team took a risk and traded Martin St.Louis to the Rangers for Ryan Callahan, so far it's pretty well a winner for the Lightning.
Montreal: The Habs had their ups, and downs this season but in the end their in. The players were playing their "A" game, mainly Price who is playing like he's in the Olympics! The Habs are the only Canadian team that is in the playoffs.
Overall: One of these teams have what it takes to go to the second round no ifs, or buts about it.
My Pick: Habs over the Lightning 4-3


Pittsburgh [M1] vs. Columbus [WC1]
Pittsburgh: Just like last year the Pens played well in this season to be number 1 in their division.
Columbus: Well deserving to be in the playoffs, they got players who are at their "A" game, and the number 1 cop playing like he played last season that got him the Vezina trophy!
Overall: I don't see Columbus moving on to the 2nd round, but I do see this series going all the way!
My Pick: Pens over CBJ 4-3


NY Rangers [M2] vs Philadelphia [M3]
NYR: Got ousted in the semis, but this year they got some good players, good enough to hopefully go all the way to the finals.
Philly: Last year they played bad, this year they put their heads back in the game and made it to this year playoffs.
Overall: The way these two teams played this season in 2 to 2 season series ,it could go 7 games, but I got a feeling it won't be a 7 games.
My Pick: NYR over the Flyers 4-2


Western Conference
Colorado [C1] vs. Minnesota [WC1]
Colorado: After taking a big downfall from previous season, the team did some fixing with some good draft picks, trades, even the staffs, and here you go the team is back in the playoffs.
Minnesota: For the 2nd year in a row the Wild are in the playoffs, nothing to say about it.
Overall: Wild got in the playoffs, but the Avalanche got this one.
My Pick: Aves over the Wild 4-1


St.Louis  [C2] vs. Chicago [C3]
St.Louis: The Blues got game this season, but do they got what it take?
Chicago: Last year Stanley Cup champions are here and ready to defend their title.
Overall: The blues maybe better then the Hawks division wise, but in the playoffs it's a whole different story.
My Pick: Hawks over the Blues 4-2


Anaheim [P1] vs. Dallas [WC2]
Ducks: The team is determent to go all the way and win the cup.
Stars: For the first time since 2007-08 season they are back in the playoffs.
Overall: The Stars may have returned back to the playoffs, but the Ducks will make a quick series out of this.
My Pick: Ducks over Stars 4-0


San Jose [P2] vs. LA [P3]
SJS: The Sharks had a good season, over 100 pts this season is good enough to in the top 3 in their division.
LA: The Kings played very well this season, nuff said.
Overall: Battle in Cali one will rise, one will choke.
My Pick: LA over SJS 4-2


Well that's my picks for round 1, later this week I got another post coming, and it'll be a concept. Until then later.

No comments:

Post a Comment